Racers have given Sea-Doo a lot of championships over the years and Sea-Doo loves to give back to their customers. This year, we are excited to learn that Sea-Doo is offering a nice little payback to racers at all IJSBA Closed Course Events, in the USA, when the criteria is met. Thanks, Sea-Doo! Please see the official press release and 2018 Sea-Doo X-Team Bounty Payout below:
SEA-DOO ENTERS 2018 WATERCRAFT RACING SEASON WITH A CLEAR AQUAX FOCUS AND A NEW PERFORMANCE MODEL
- NEW SEA-DOO RXT-X 300 TO MAKE FULL DEBUT AT P1 AQUAX SERIES
- SEA-DOO BOUNTY CONTINGENCY PROGRAM RAISES PAYOUTS FOR AQUAX
- NEW RIDERS JOIN FAVORITES ERMINIO IANTOSCA, TIM DUCAT, AND ANTHONY RADETIC ON THE SEA-DOO X-TEAM.
Valcourt, QC, CANADA– April 10, 2018 – Sea-Doo enters the 2018 watercraft racing season with tremendous buzz and excitement with the launch of the new RXT-X 300 model. Anticipation is high for the redesigned Sea-Doo RXT-X to make its official debut in the popular P1 AquaX enduro racing series. New riders will be joining the X-TEAM in 2018 and all Sea-Doo racers competing is select events are eligible for the Sea-Doo Bounty racer contingency program.
The 2018 Sea-Doo RXT-X 300 watercraft is poised to follow in the dominant racing wake of championship proven Sea-Doo RXP-X; the two-seat watercraft that has set the handling standard in closed course racing. The RXT-X 300 enters the enduro racing world with new ST3 hull and lowered rider center of gravity that combines to offer more 30% more stability at rest and when charging through big water at speed. The new design innovations, including the rider Ergolock system that allows riders to better connect with the machine, has the racing community excited for the start of the 2018 season.
BRP will sponsor premier racing events including the P1 AquaX Series, IJSBA World Finals and others and will see elite racers representing the Sea-Doo X-TEAM in 2018. These racers include, Erminio Ianstosca, James Bushell, Mohammad Burbayea, Claude Clayton, Tim Ducat and fan-favorite Anthony Radetic. Radetic, who is a former Army Helicopter pilot and renowned, challenged athlete who has limited use of his legs. Radetic will also be an ambassador for XPS lubricants and maintenance products. Joining the X-TEAM in 2018 is the JET-X team from Ontario, Canada with Pro rider Jay Edworthy who will be at the helm of a new RXT-X 300. Edworthy will join Iantosca – the Sarasota AquaX champion – and Radetic as favorites to finish on the Pro Enduro podium at P1 AquaX events.
The X-TEAM riders and all Sea-Doo watercraft riders will be eligible for Sea-Doo X-TEAM Bounty. The Sea-Doo X-TEAM contingency is essentially an, “open-sponsorship” that excludes no one, except those competing on other brands. To supercharge the P1 AquaX season opener in Miami an additional $1500 bonus will be added to the $1000 Pro Enduro win bounty for a $2500 top finish incentive. In addition to the glory that comes with winning on Sea-Doo watercraft, comes the opportunity for extra prize money.
“Sea-Doo is ready to compete for championships in AquaX with the new RXT-X 300,” says Tim McKercher, of Sea-Doo watercraft competition management. ”Sea-Doo’s global fan base including the dealer network, owners and race fans are excited for 2018 as we’re looking to extend our race-proven success to Enduro racing with the new RXT-X platform.”
Visit the Sea-Doo Blog, OnBoard, for complete program details and redemption form information regarding the 2018 Sea-Doo X-TEAM Bounty racer contingency program.
For a complete overview of the new performance line of Sea-Doo watercraft, visit www.sea-doo.com.
2018 SEA-DOO X-TEAM BOUNTY PAYOUT
Sea-Doo Watercraft Racer Contingency Program
2018 Regular Season Program – Includes ALL IJSBA Sanctioned closed course races in the United States and Canada
|Runabout 1000 Superstock°||Expert Runabout
|Expert Runabout STOCK||Pro-Am Runabout LIMITED||Pro-Am Runabout STOCK||Pro-Am Runabout OPEN|
|1st||$ 50.00||$ 50.00||$ 50.00||$ 100.00||$ 100.00||$ 100.00|
P1 AQUAX US
|200 Am Enduro Class||250 Am Enduro Class||300 Am Enduro Class||Pro Enduro
|Pro Enduro Miami Bonus|
|1st||$ 100.00||$ 250.00||$ 300.00||$ 1000.00||+$1000.00|
|Overall Tour* Championship|| $ 300.00
| $ 500.00
| $ 750.00
IJSBA WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP in October, 2018
|Endurance Runabout Open||Pro-AM 1000 Superstock° – SPARK||Expert Runabout OPEN||Expert
|Champion||$200.00||$ 500.00||$ 200.00||$ 200.00|
|Finish Position||Pro-AM Woman
|Pro-AM Runabout GP||Pro Runabout SuperStock|
|Champion||$ 1000.00||$ 500.00||$ 2,000.00||$ 2,000.00||$ 3,000.00|
|2nd||$ 500.00||$ 500.00||$ 750.00|
|3rd||$ 250.00||$ 250.00||$ 500.00|
° Sea-Doo Spark is only watercraft model eligible
HYDRODRAG SERIES (Drag Race)
|Hydro Stock||Hydro Limited||Hydro Superstock||Hydro Unlimited|
|1st||$ 200.00||$ 150.00||$ 200.00||$ 300.00|
Offshore/Endurance Events – for Overall Finishing Position
|Long Beach 2 Catalina – Pro Open|
2018 SEA-DOO X-TEAM BOUNTY Eligibility Rules:
READ ALL APPLICABLE RULES BELOW TO QUALIFY
- To be eligible for the Sea-Doo X-TEAM Bounty contingency, racer must compete on an IJSBA eligible Sea-Doo watercraft in the specified class(es) described in the rules and contingency tables within the United States or Canada. Race events offering the Sea-Doo X-TEAM Bounty are all those in North America sanctioned by either the IJSBA.
- ONLY racers competing on 4-TEC or ACE engine powered Sea-Doo watercraft qualify.
- Racer must list “SEA-DOO” as the brand of watercraft raced and “SEA‑DOO X TEAM” as a sponsor on all entries.
- The SEA-DOO logo decal must be clearly visible and legible using – minimum of two (2”) inch tall lettering on watercraft forward of the handlebars and above the waterline.
- Racer is eligible for as many contingency payments as earned during an event.
- *To be eligible for any Championship bonuses, racer must have competed solely on a Sea-Doo watercraft in scheduled runabout heats, LCQs, motos, etc. no matter the class while meeting all above criteria for every racing instance.
- Racer MUST compete against a MINIMUM OF FIVE (5) finalists in the class to qualify for contingency.
- HydroDrag contingency is available for drag racing event only – to be eligible for Bounty the PWC must be a modern Sea-Doo configuration top deck and utilize a Rotax 4-TEC or ACE engine.
- Daytona Bonus will be paid in addition to the per round contingency for a winning Sea-Doo rider ($1000+$1500 for total of $2500)
- Contingency prizes will be paid for overall closed-course racing only. Slalom does not apply. In IJSBA World Finals contingency, only Overall Titles will be paid.
- For the 2017 race season, all claims must be sent in by the racer, within 10 days of the event, and postmarked no later than July 10, 2018 (for races taking place between April 1, 2018-July 1, 2018) September 30, 2018 (for races between July 2, 2018 – September 23, 2018) and November 28, 2018 (for all races between September 24, 2018-November 18, 2018). Claims postmarked after these dates will not be honored.
- Contingency payments will be issued to racers from BRP only after the IJSBA and BRP have verified official results.
- All claims must be signed by an event or sanctioning body official, if not, payment will not be made. Racers have the responsibility to have the claim properly completed (providing all requested information) and mailed to the address above. Please allow 6-8 weeks for processing of checks after the noted cut-off dates.
- Racer MUST provide a signed W-9 Tax form and supply images of the Sea-Doo watercraft raced WITH FIRST redemption submission, before any payments will be issued by BRP.
- BRP reserves the right to reject a claim not properly or fraudulently filed and reserves the right to cancel this program at any time.
- BRP will NOT accept ANY responsibility for any DAMAGES or INJURIES, including DEATH that may occur during the above-described events.
- Racers grant BRP the unlimited rights to utilize their name, their photograph, their person, and their performance in advertising and promotional efforts.
Sea-Doo, RXT-X, RXP-X, SPARK, ACE, and 4-TEC and the BRP logo are trademarks of Bombardier Recreational Products Inc. or its affiliates.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
Sea-Doo Media Relations, Competition, and Events Management